Monday, January 20, 2014

Missed Opportunities

You know, I've been reflecting a lot about missed opportunities.

I feel like I've had more missed opportunities this past year than I've had in my whole life.

Most of the time they happen because I was just too "scared."

I was too "afraid" to put myself out there because I was "afraid" of getting hurt.

I feel like this applies to most of us though.

We go through life thinking "Hey, I've got it good. A great family, great friends, a place to live." And, we don't do anything to get out there and meet new people.

THEN, opportunities for new friendships or new relationships come about and instead of jumping in you stand back or runaway from this new happening.

I cannot tell you how many times I've done this.

Just because I was "afraid" I have missed out on meeting new people and making connections.

I keep thinking I wish I could change the past and dwelling on my missed opportunities.

But, I've learned a very valuable life lesson: Don't dwell on the past.

That is why it is called the past.

You have to live in the present and not regret things that did or did not happen in the past. If you do regret the past, then your life will be miserable.

Sometimes I dwell on the past too much and all it brings me is more heartache.

The things that happened in the past happened for a reason. You can't change anything, so just move ahead and never look back.


Anyway, new things in my life:

I have finished my first week of my 4th semester of college. It went well. Though to me, and every other student I asked, it felt like it went on forever. Oy!

I still need to be better about my photo taking resolution. I've also decided that I will also use my camcorder more. And, I will post videos.

Yesterday, Sunday, I got another calling in my ward. I now have 3 callings. Ward pianist, Relief Society pianist, and Relief Society teacher. Yay!

On Saturday I watched Ender's Game. Ugh! It has a twist at the ending that I didn't like so much, but it was a great movie.

I didn't have classes today!!! Happy MLK day!

So, I hope that at the end of this week I will have more to share. Especially pictures.



#2: Put your iPod on shuffle and tell the first 10 songs that play.

1. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
2. Fever by Michael Buble
3. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
4. Just Dance by Lady GaGa
5. Say You Like Me by We The Kings
6. You Found Me by The Fray
7. A Little Opera Goes a Long Way by Sky Sailing
8. Red by Taylor Swift
9. Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
10. Collide by Howie Day

No comments:

Post a Comment