Warning: to anyone who may not like spiritual things DO NOT read this post. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and there may be some terms that those who are not LDS will not understand.
Two weeks ago I received a calling in my ward.
I am now a Relief Society Instructor.
This means that every few Sundays (because there are two other instructors besides myself. HALLELUJAH!!!) I have the chance to prepare a lesson that I will give to 30 or so woman between the ages of 18 and 30.
That is a very scary and daunting task. If I had been asked to do this calling last semester I don't think I would have been able to do it.
This semester is another story. This semester I feel closer to my Father in Heaven more than I ever have. I have consistently been praying and studying my scriptures everyday and I can feel my connection with Heaven becoming stronger.
Anyway, I was browsing on Facebook when I came across a video. Here it is.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153247735365106&set=vb.776090105&type=2&theater
At first, I was enjoying it and I loved the message. Every girl wants to hear those things said to them. But, when it came to the part about Christ and how he died for us, I broke down in tears.
I never realized before what a huge part of my life He is.
When I'm sad and lonely He is the one that I go to for comfort and he's always there. He sees the beauty in me even when I feel like no one does. He sends people to me that help me know that I am loved. He died up on the cross for me. He took my sins upon himself, because he loves me.
That is the greatest gift anyone could give me. I'm so grateful that I have a brother, Jesus Christ, who was willing to do this for me. To make sure that I will one day live again with him.
Thanks for sharing your testimony, I know that isn't easy for you. It is beautiful just like you. You are becoming an amazing woman. You are so smart and talented and I am glad I get to be your mom. I Love You!
ReplyDelete