Monday, September 23, 2013

The Death of a Social Life

My last post does not fill you in on all the gory details of my college life.

Well, let me enlighten you.

You start off every morning with an 8 am class. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday schedule starts off with Music Theory 3. You're having a difficult time understanding secondary dominance and modulation. You hope that you'll eventually understand, but you have feeling that you never will really understand anything about music theory.

Then, after Music Theory you go to Finite Mathematics. The only math class you have to take since you are a Music Major and you just wish it could be done already. You don't really like this class. You know most of the stuff in the textbook and the homework is a big hassle.

After math you head to Spanish 1. If only you had paid attention when actually tried to learn Spanish with Rosetta Stone a few years ago. Then, you wouldn't have to suffer through 3 SEMESTERS of Spanish because it is required by the university you have chosen to attend.

When Spanish is through you head to Introduction to Music History if it is a Monday or Wednesday. If not, you go to Friday Forum. (A devotional type thing that is given every Friday that you always go to because you always love the message that is given.) You went to the first day of Introduction to Music History and you knew you were going to love it. Three weeks later and you are still loving it.

After getting out of the best class of your college career so far you head to lunch. You sit with the wonderful Anna and Rebekah. The three of you talk like you haven't seen each other in ages. You're so glad that you became such great friends with them last semester. Lunch is the perfect time to socialize. Plus, you have a whole hour until your last class of the day.

The last class (which I think is the best class) is Orchestra. You only started playing in the percussion section of the orchestra last semester 4 WEEKS before a performance, but you decided to sign up anyway because they could always use more percussion. During this class you mostly stand and count. (Meaning music.) But then, that is the calling of a orchestra percussionist.

When Orchestra is done you either head up to the piano practice rooms to practice for the piano lesson you have on Tuesday or you go sit in Jonzzey's and do some studying.

You finally get back to your dorm room around 4:00 PM in the afternoon exhausted from walking building to building and up the horrendous stairs to the Lofts.

The horrendous stairs.


The day is almost finished. Now, you must study until you go to dinner. Then, go to dinner. And finally, study some more until your head hits the pillow at approximately 11:30 PM at night.

Well, Tuesday's and Thursday's schedules are about the same, so I won't bore you with details.

Now, you may be wondering, after all these classes and all the homework that gets assigned in these classes how do you make time to socialize or date?

Answer: You don't.

You have now joined the league of people who don't socialize and yet are with people every single day. Now, you do every now and then make the time to socialize. But, with MY packed schedule I literally have to schedule in my socializing time.

Also, dating is a no go. You barely have time to talk to your friends, much more meet new guys who might want to get to know you better.

Personally, I would love to go on a few dates. It would be awesome to have a Friday night where I wasn't sitting in my dorm room watching another chick-flick with my roommates. (Love you Courtney and Shelby!)

To everyone out there this is not a cry for help.
HELP!!!! 

I really am fine. 
No, she's not.

I'm not desperate to go on even just one date.
She's as desperate as a girl can get.

I'm too busy to worry about silly things like men.
She worries about them everyday.






In all seriousness, college is hard. You have to be away from your family and you have to be self sufficient. I have a busy schedule this semester and I still am making time to socialize. Now, if any of you guys that go to my school is reading this please know I am not a desperate, crazy girl. I'm like every other girl. I would like to socialize with the female and male populace of this school. (And guys just so you know, I'm not the only girl on campus who feels this way.)



So man and woman friends, know this: I am a busy college student, but I will make time for anyone that wants to get to know me. Whether it be building a new relationship or building up a past one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment